- 52 CM CTC seat tube
- 54 CM CTC top tube
- 31" stand over height
- Campagnolo NR high flange hubs laced to Mavic MA40 dark anodized rims 700C size (clincher)
- Campagnolo NR brake caliper set and levers with tattered original hoods.
- Suntour Cyclone front and rear Derailleurs
- Campagnolo NR crank set, date code 75 on arms
- Campagnolo NR bottom bracket
- Campagnolo NR seat post 26.6 size, Avocet racing saddle
- Campagnolo Super Leggero pedals with steel Christophe toe clips
- Campagnolo super Record braze on shifters
- Campagnolo NR head set
- Cinelli 1A stem, old logo
- Cinelli Campione du Monde bars 40 CM CTC wide
- Simplex brake cable guides.
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
We have been getting in a lot of really cool bikes lately. This one is no exception. It is a late 70's-early 80's Mondia Super. Serial number on the seat lug is 265071. It is in really great shape with original pin striping, decals, and paint, which is a champagne / tan color. Chromed Campagnolo drop outs with eyelets. Built with Reynolds 531 tubing. These bikes were manufactured in Switzerland and are very sought after. Also of note is the Ted Ernst shop decal and the "shower drain" drilling of the BB shell, very cool. The measurements and components are as follows:
Friday, August 15, 2014
This bike came in for repairs recently and I was pretty stoked to see it. The owner dates it to mid 1980's production (85-86). He is not the original owner. These bikes back then were the ones most kids wanted. The Haro Master was the one above this and you had to mow a lot of lawns to get the money up to buy one. Bob Haro is the considered by many to be the father of modern freestyle BMX. This model was introduced in 1982 ish I believe and was one of the first to be strictly dedicated to BMX freestyle riding. There was also a vert version (used for riding half pipes) without the fork pegs. This bike is semi original and has original paint and decals in good shape. Not many of these bikes survived in such good shape as they were mostly used and abused and thrown around learning and executing tricks. Now I am gonna go home and read through some old Radical Rick cartoons.