Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sheldon Brown's Paramount

Appears to be an early 1960s Schwinn Paramount. I forgot to jot down serial number to check. The details point to early 1960s-boxlining, early Campagnolo headset, raised pedal lip Campagnolo cranks, Campy dropouts with hole for Gran Sport spring.

Set up as a fixed gear with Campagnolo inch pitch chainring, 1950s Campagnolo rear hub, and block chain.

The current owner bought the bicycle as Sheldon Brown's personal bike. I don't know if he has the info to back up the Provenance, but it should be that difficult, as Sheldon lived a lot online, and continues to do so.





2 comments:

Diablo III Gold said...

awesome submit... can help us a lot,that must be I was trying to find! Thank you. Diablo 3 Items
GW2 Gold

Guild wars 2 gold said...

This is a great post, i like it very much. I am very much interested in these types of topics from childhood and it's my habit to read this. I'm a editor of game site, you can visit and find diablo 3 gold, Thanks so much for your love to all.