Thursday, July 25, 2013

Early 1950s Raleigh Clubman

54cm seattube x 58cm toptube(both are center to center)
Bayliss and Wiley track hubs with Raleigh Record Ace front wingnuts, and aluminum axlenuts.
Dunlop Special Lightweight rims in excellent condition.
Early version GB Sport front brake and lever.
Lovely aluminum stem.
Headclip headset.
Brooks saddle- I believe it is a 1960s-1970s saddle.
Williams cranks set. Williams date code for the "AP" stamped cranks- 1952.
Reynolds 531 tubing.
Bicycle is straight, and finish is great considering the age.  Some paint worn then (see photos), chrome is beautiful. No dents. Lower pump peg is broken off.















1 comment:

T.Horan1965 said...

Bellissima!! I can't BELIEVE this beauty has not drawn INSTANT comments! Just surfing the web this early fall afternoon as is my want and I come across this gem which is nothing less than a clear affirmation of my love for these old-time-y bikes! In particular it's alloy stem drew my attention. I have never seen the like of it before! I need to get out more!
To the owner, restorer and keeper of this time machine, MANY thanks for the post and for sharing your treasure of vintage Raleigh goodness!

Cheers,

Tim