Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Triumph!!!

This is a late 1960s Triumph 3 speed bicycle that was recently purchased by a friend of mine. They were looking for a classic city bike for light tooling around town and doing it in style. Triumph, at this point, was a subsidiary of Raleigh Industries and building the popular "English Racer" 3 speeds.

The bike with fenders, a chainguard, and upright handlebars makes for an excellent city commuter. Most riders of these bikes find that
the Sturmey Archer 3 speed internal gear is more than adequate for a city like Philadelphia. I find that a lot of my commute, I usually only use 2 gears.

4 comments:

Steve Ignat said...

I LOVE MY TRIUMPH TOO!!!

Steve Ignat said...

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3/weldersteve/Pics%20for%20Blogging%20and%20Comments/Photo_072309_002.jpg

bikeville said...

My friend loves his triumph too, just saw it again over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I have one for sale if anyone is interested. my email address is:

laclippers@msn.com