Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some people may scoff at this destruction



We have tons of tubular tire(glue-on tire) wheels, jokingly I would say we have a 'wheely' lot of them. Most of the are mediocre rims, basic Mavic or Fiamme or Super Champion, and have not much resale value as a complete wheel, the hubs are worth more than what we could sell the wheel for. With space at a premium in this over packed place, I have decided to 'compress' some of the piles and the tubular wheels were the first to get the ol' heave-ho. So expect some hubs and hubsets for sale in the near future. and if you were looking for any tubular rims, let me know. . .we have them.

3 comments:

Gunnar Berg said...

I read this and thought, Heathens! How could they? Then I realized even in my humble little basement cave I have three sets of tubular rims hanging on the wall. My heart does beat just a little faster when I see high flange hubs though.

Masini said...

I'd be interested in anything 70's-ish from Italy (Nisi, Ambrosio, etc) for my Ciocc restoration... Rory

bikeville said...

So I guess it all works out in the end, some people want the hubs, some people want the rims. but no one wants the wheels.